Ahoy and thank you for your interest in cruising to Oakland Yacht Club - we have a wonderful new guest dock available for cruisers! The officers, members and staff welcome your interest and hope that we can host your cruise in. If you’d like to reserve a cruise in date, please click here to e-mail our Club Manager.
Oakland Yacht Club is a member of the Pacific Inter Club Yacht Association, and if your yacht club or boating association is also a member of PICYA, we extend the courtesy of waiving the first night’s dock fee to our PICYA shipmates. If your yacht club or boating association has provided a burgee to OYC, we will display it in our bar area during your cruise-in.
OYC is a casual and friendly club offering a safe clean and comfortable environment for members and guests. We are open Tuesday through Saturday: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and we’re closed Mondays. We recently have reconfigured our harbor and now offer improved cruise-in dockage with 30 amp 125 V power connections and potable water at each berth; we trust you will be delighted with our dock. Pets are welcome on the docks and grounds…with usual and customary courtesies of direct pet control and clean up…but not in the club house. We ask that cruise-in boats display their club burgee and cruisers sign our guest log on the second deck entrance to our dining room and bar.
There will be a deposit for gate keys which will allow access to our docks and heads 24/7. There is ample free parking for land cruisers and a motel next door to OYC for land cruisers who may want to spend the night; Marina Village Inn, 1151 Pacific Marina, Alameda, CA 94501, (510) 523-9450, (800) 345-0304.
OYC is located on the Alameda (south) side of the Oakland/Alameda Estuary, adjacent to Marina Village on our western border, and Encinal Yacht Club and Fortman Marina to the east. Our guest dock is located on the west side of Dock 2. We invite you to join us on our second deck bar and galley for a scenic view of our harbor, the estuary, the Oakland skyline and the Oakland hills, dinner and bar service on Friday and Saturday evenings, and Sunday breakfast. OYC accepts cash, checks, and credit cards.
There are chandleries, Svendsen's and West Marine, and boat yards, Grand Marina and Svendsen’s, nearby. You'll pass a fuel dock on your port (north) side on the way in...about a mile in from the west estuary entrance located in Jack London Square...and there are free pump outs at Grand Marina and Marina Village.
There is a grocery store...Lucky's, drug store...CVS, fast food restaurants and other retail shops and some boat dealers within walking distance.
Once again, thank you for your interest in Oakland Yacht Club as a cruising destination, and we look forward to hosting you and your fleet. Please feel free to contact us to reserve your fleet cruise-in date.
- ATM at the local shopping center
- BBQ…not on the docks please.
- Bank... B of A, Chase & Wells Fargo at the local shopping center
- Boat Yards…Grand Marina and Svendsen’s, 10-15 minutes east of OYC on the estuary
- Chadleries...Svendsen's, 510-521-8454, and West Marine, 510-521-4865, within moderate walking distance
- Charcoal Grill…not available
- Currency…cash, checks, or credit cards
- Drug store...CVS at the local shopping center
- Fast Food...many at the local shopping center
- Fuel...at Jack London Square, 10-15 minutes west of OYC on the opposite side of the estuary
- Galley serves dinner on Friday and Saturday nights, breakfast on Sunday mornings. Friday and Saturday bar opens at 5:30 p.m.; dinner is served 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Sunday breakfast is served 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Guest dock is located on the west side of Dock 2
- Heads... available 24-7 with gate key
- Home page http://oaklandyachtclub.net/home Please check out our home page for more comprehensive information about Oakland Yacht Club
- Hours… Tuesday through Saturday: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sunday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Closed Mondays.
- Ice… available from our ice machine. Ask for the combination when you check in.
- Keys… for the gates and heads available on a deposit basis when you check in
- Laundromat...about a mile away at Sherman and Lincoln
- Motel… Marina Village Inn, 1151 Pacific Marina, Alameda, CA 94501, (510) 523-9450, (800) 345-0304
- Pets are allowed on docks and grounds with usual courtesies…direct owner control and clean up…but not in club
- Phone number of OYC…510-522-6868
- Pumpout…free at Grand Marina and Marina Village
- Transportation...Bus service (nearby) click http://www2.actransit.org/main.wu AC Transit continually changes its service and routes, so plesae check the link; taxi service...internet search 'taxi service in alameda, ca' for listings
- WiFi...available. Please inquire at the club office during check in.